old futaba single conversion fm rx crystal replacement.

Question, I'd like to move this old single conversion FM futaba receiver to another channel, it has a 72-7 crystal in it. Futaba now only sells 72-7's in a
TX/RX set where the tx part is nearly useless in the states. The 72-12's seem to be used in similiar rx's. Has anyone ever tried a 72-12 in a 72-7 application?
Or does anyone know if I would be able to use the tx crystal in another rx?
Thanks, Steve
P.S. Why are they selling tx crystals like this?
The answer appears to be Yes. I was able to use a 72-12 futaba "short" crystal in the old fm receiver that originally had a 72-7 . Unfortunately the crystal was $12, almost more than the receiver is worth, but better than the $24 for a TX/RX pair of crystals.
I Wrote: Question, I'd like to move this old single conversion FM futaba receiver to another channel, it has a 72-7 crystal in it. Futaba now only sells 72-7's in a TX/RX set where the tx part is nearly useless in the states. The 72-12's seem to be used in similiar rx's. Has anyone ever tried a 72-12 in a 72-7 application?
Or does anyone know if I would be able to use the tx crystal in another rx?
Thanks, Steve
P.S. Why are they selling tx crystals like this?

You can swap crystals for 5 dollars from: www.radicalrc.com Not sure they would have what you want but take a look. Good Luck Gene

wrote: I forgot this part. You cannot swap out a tx crystal for a rx xtal. They are on different frequencies even though it is the same channel. Gene