Old transmitters as buddy boxes

A relative who works at a local auction house says there will be several old RC transmitters up in the next few days that will probably go for next to nothing. I know the batteries are probably kaput and they may be pre-1991. Could I still use them as buddy boxes to teach newbies?

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

Hi, Morris,

Yes you can use these old transmitters as slave buddy box (even if they are AM and not FM). What you need is the PPM-OUT signal. How it looks like and how to find this signal and how to connect to another transmitter? See my website, aspecially chapter 1 and 2.

Olivier

Reply to
Olivier tx2tx

maybe also see this:

or this:

Thomas Scherrer OZ2CPU

Thomas Scherrer

Before you put in too much effort, make sure there is a place to plug in a buddy cord.

Reply to
John R. Agnew