Optimum LiPo discharge level

I seem to remember having read somewhere that LiPos will last much longer if not discharged by 100% of their rated capacity. What is the ideal discharge level to balance flight time and battery life?

I fly 10 minutes now, which is only about 65% of the capacity, so I think I can safely fly a little longer.

Reply to
Robert Roland

I remember reading that you can use 80% of the capacity and still get decent life span from them. That's what I try to do.

Reply to
Vance Howard

The electric control line guys fly on timers, and run the battery down pretty much the same each time every time, say to plan on a battery that's 75-80% discharged at the end of the flight.

Reply to
Tim Wescott