OS 46 TX or Thunder Tiger Pro 46

I know there have been a lot of posts on this but I would like to ask one more time. I am specifically looking for first-hand experience with both. Which has more power (using same fuel and prop) and which will last longer (flown exactly the same way). I already have the OS but need another engine for another plane. Please also feel free to make any other suggestions that would be worth considering. I understand you get what you pay for and I am willing to pay for top quality, so price is not an issue. Thanks in advance for any input.

Reply to
Dean

If price is not an issue and you already have an OS that you're happy with, then why even consider the Thunder Tiger? I'm not knocking the Thunder Tiger, I'm sure it's a great engine. However, I think most people buy the Thunder Tiger because it's cheaper than the OS. Price wasn't an issue with me, so I bought the OS .46FX. I liked it so well that I bought a second one. Both of my OS's have performed flawlessly for me and since I'm not worried about saving $30-$40 on an engine, I'll continue to buy OS.

Reply to
7th Angel

Well, then, why aren't you flying a YS? ;-) Seriously, such engines as OS and TT, the new series Irvines, and some others are "plug and play" engines of good to very good quality. If price - and field noise - really isn't a consideration, Dub Jett makes an extremely powerful sport .46 that's very user-friendly and superbly made. Price is no object? Buy one of each and see which one suits you! :-)

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Both are almost identical in either respect. This is from head to head testing done with the same props and fuel.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Split the difference and get a GMS .47. It will turn a 10X6 15K on 10% sport fuel.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

There is a great saying to live (or fly) by - buy the best and cry once

David

Reply to
David

Yep, buy Thunder Tiger.