OS 46 TX or Thunder Tiger Pro 46

I know there have been a lot of posts on this but I would like to ask
one more time. I am specifically looking for first-hand experience
with both. Which has more power (using same fuel and prop) and which
will last longer (flown exactly the same way). I already have the OS
but need another engine for another plane. Please also feel free to
make any other suggestions that would be worth considering. I
understand you get what you pay for and I am willing to pay for top
quality, so price is not an issue. Thanks in advance for any input.
Reply to
Dean
If price is not an issue and you already have an OS that you're happy with, then why even consider the Thunder Tiger? I'm not knocking the Thunder Tiger, I'm sure it's a great engine. However, I think most people buy the Thunder Tiger because it's cheaper than the OS. Price wasn't an issue with me, so I bought the OS .46FX. I liked it so well that I bought a second one. Both of my OS's have performed flawlessly for me and since I'm not worried about saving $30-$40 on an engine, I'll continue to buy OS.
Reply to
7th Angel
Well, then, why aren't you flying a YS? ;-) Seriously, such engines as OS and TT, the new series Irvines, and some others are "plug and play" engines of good to very good quality. If price - and field noise - really isn't a consideration, Dub Jett makes an extremely powerful sport .46 that's very user-friendly and superbly made. Price is no object? Buy one of each and see which one suits you! :-)
Geoff
Reply to
Geoff Sanders
Both are almost identical in either respect. This is from head to head testing done with the same props and fuel.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
Split the difference and get a GMS .47. It will turn a 10X6 15K on 10% sport fuel.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
There is a great saying to live (or fly) by - buy the best and cry once
David
Reply to
David
Yep, buy Thunder Tiger.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
I've go 2 TT Pro 46's and one OS 46 FX. Started with a OS46 FS, the FX is not the engine the FS was. IMHO the TT PRO is the way to go.
Dean wrote:
Reply to
Phil