Pattern vs. Aerobatic

I started in basic pattern last summer. It's really not that easy. It's one thing to fly at the field and another to fly in a competition with spectators and judges. Then throw in weather conditions like a 15 mph cross wind and try to make your maneuvers look like there is no wind. I enjoyed it because it was a challenge. You are flying against yourself to try and improve. As long as you are flying RC, it doesn't matter what TYPE it is. As Red Green says, "We're all in this thing together."

John VB

Reply to
jjvb

I flew basic pattern back in 90-91. I was single then, and practiced a LOT. Improved steadily the first year, then placed 2 1st places and 1

2nd place the second year at the 3 contests I attended.

I kinda lost intrest after that, as I felt that allowing tune pipes in the lower classes encouraged the non-participant thinking that pattern was expensive cause you needed the latest and greatest. Not true, I know (I flew a Ultrasport 40 with a saito .65 and fixed gear), but as I mentioned, I lost intrest.

John

Reply to
John Thompson