Question For Engine Experts.

Hi, Are parts interchangeable between OS 46 SF and OS 46FX? Like piston/sleeve? Crank? Head? Carb? Backplate? I have a good running but crashed 46 FX and an old worn out 46 SF. Thought maybe I could get somethig working here. TIA, Dan.

Reply to
DANNYSPEED

OS engines' site has parts lists for both the 46SF and 46FX. Some parts are the same between them, some not.

OS 46SF

OS 46FX

Joe Bill

Thanks for the reply. Doesn't look too promicing. Dan.

Reply to
DANNYSPEED

Probably the only major parts that would be interchangeable are the bearings. Both engines use the same bearings.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I did some experimenting a while back and no longer have the engines, but as I recall the 4D carb from a .46SF will drop into a .46FX. I seem to recall the .46SF backplate will also fit into the .46FX.

Cheers,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Fulmer