Question from the UK

I wonder if you guys can tell me the most popular mode in the US. In fact does it change from state to state.

I plan to go over next year but i fly mode 2 ...throttle left.

Reply to
xntrick

Mode 2 seems to be predominant. However, a lot of pattern people fly mode 1. Frequencies are in the 72mh band.

Welcome to the States. Have a great trip. North Carolina is another cool place to visit.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Throttle left is predominant. All the factory radios come that way, with the option to change on the more expensive systems...

Reply to
Joe D.

Mode II is the predominate mode here in the colonies. I doubt if you will encounter many still using mode 1. It is essentially the same in all the states. My guess is that probably less than 10% fly mode I.

Red S. Gainesville, FL

Reply to
Red Scholefield

In my many moves around the country including Hawaii, I have only met one person who flew Mode I. Everyone else has flown either singel stick (2 people) or Mode 2 (too numerous to count). You won't have any problems here with Mode I, Stu Richmond notwithstanding.

Reply to
Black Cloud

Yeah. If you want to boink your cousin or sister while the humidity is

1000%

Reply to
ill

Asshole. That got you filtered, you stupid sumbitch! Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Your name says it all "ill"

" Yeah. If you want to boink your cousin or sister while the humidity is

1000% "

Reply to
Andrew Noll

Ill must resemble that remark! As a southerner I resent it. PLONK!

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

Everyone, and I mean everyone, flies Mode 2 in my club and of all the other people I know in RC. That goes for all 50 States as well. It's said that pattern flyers sometimes fly Mode 1, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

With Jerks like you around, it's no wonder the rest of the world dislikes us.

Reply to
Bill

Most everyone flies Mode 2, Our club does have one guy who flies Mode 1. I asked him if he learned to fly that way from Moses, who was instructing RC just before he parted the Red Sea. ;>)

Reply to
Bill

Plonkity plonk.

Reply to