Question to the group

I am a newcomer to RC, having grown up with control line back in the distant past. I've already had my 60th b-day, and the control line days were in my early teens.

Is there a news group, discussion board, or magazine that is more related to stick building, instead of ARF, or RTF? Seems that every magazine or web-site I find is mostly all ARF and such. I don't have anything against ARF or RTF, but I would rather build.

Thanks,

George

Reply to
George

RC Report >

is a good mag that has both, articles on ARF's and "Oh my Gawd!" actual building of models. Where will it all end!

** Posted from
**
Reply to
2fast

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:02:33 -0600, 2fast shouted out with glee:

There are still people who post to this newsgroup that build from kits and scratch. So post your comments and questions. You will also find lots of people on

and
that do both arfs and build from kits and scratch build.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Another group you may want to look at is RC Scale builder

It is for scale models (MANY warbirds), however they are either scratch built or kit built.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

I like Flying Models magazine -- they still manage to have two or three construction articles every month (usually RC, C/L and/or free flight).

Model Aviation tries, but FM is the real deal.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

and look in the vintage, free flight and scale fora.

And the builders workshop forum

There are others, but I dont know them that well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Flying scale models is also worth a look.

Plenty of sticks in scale models of WWI planes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My thanks to everyone who responded. All very good answers. Apparently I was just looking in the wrong places.

Thanks,

George

Reply to
George

Also

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron

Reply to
Ron van Sommeren

Yasou! I'm 81, I asked the same question, and was led by this group to a few kits...I selected a recommendation called the SIG KADET SENIORITA. There's a SENOR, but it's a bit out of my league right now. I bought the Seniorita for 59.99+shipping at Hobby Lobby....all old fashion kit with a box of pre cut wood, plans, etc. Almost nothing done for you. That's what I want!! Stay with this group, George, you'll never find a nicer bunch of guys eager to help and they sure are helping me!! m c o s i t a 9 @ e a r t h l i n k . n et

Good luck! Mike

Reply to
mcosita9