RC Auctions?

Being new to RC, I was wondering if there are some auction sites dedicated to RC planes and accesories. Thanks in advance. Joe A.

Reply to
MODROCKET

The biggest is ebay. rcuniverse.com is another. As a newbie, you must be very careful at all the auction sites. You will pay too much for a lot of things.

Reply to
jeboba

We have always had good success with Ebay. Another poster is correct...you stand a chance of paying too much. A way to avoid that is to find out what the item costs at the LHS and mail order. Then decide how much you want to spend for an item and don't bid over that.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

When on ebay, I always keep another window open with tower hobbies running in it. That way I can quickly check the retail price of the item brand new (if Tower has it). I have saved paying too much for used crap a lot of times by doing this! For example, today someone had a used pitts muffler that was going for around $25. I thought the muffler retailed for about $65 and was ready to bid. BUT, I checked Tower and a brand new one is only $32! Needless to say, I didn't bid!

correct...you

Reply to
jeboba