RC store in Pittsburgh PA?

Can anyone recommend a RC store in Pittsburgh area? Nice if the store also is online with a webshop.

-- Kurt Heggelund

Reply to
Kurt Heggelund

Try this one:

are on Frankstown Road in Penn Hills (Parkway East toward Monroeville, then 791 North to Frankstown Road, make a right, store on the right just out there a little ways. Hope this helps. Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Reply to
Stan J.

J and C Hobbies @ 12250 Frankstown Rd. (412-795-9344) is excellent. They have a super website at

However, the website is currently down. I have just spoken to the owner and repair is expected in a few days.

Tom in PGH

Reply to
Tom B

Thanx to all who replied. My plan is to order from a shop in Pittsburgh, get my brother who lives there to pick the goods up at the shop, and ship it to me in Norway.

-- Kurt Heggelund

Reply to
Kurt Heggelund

Why don't you just order from Tower Hobbies and have the goods shipped straight to your house?

Reply to
L. Sikorski

If I order for more than $30 it have to go trough custom and 24% VAT will be added. If the goods are sent as a gift there will be no VAT if the value is less than $150

Reply to
Kurt Heggelund

It looks like your brother is performing the duties of a Forwarding service how can the shipment be called a gift. My bet is that customs would take a dim view on this

Reply to
O4U2P