RCFAQ

Anyone know if the RCFAQ.com website is no more?

It used to have a lot of great information.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Spierings

are you referring to this ?

Dell Shannon

There used to ba another one called the RCFAQ and I believe the gentleman was based in/near Temecula, CA. Can't quite recall his name right now.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I haven't been able to connect to it for several month, Cliff Griffin built the site, and had LOTS of good data and links there.

bob

Reply to
Bob Cowell

Bob,

That is the site I was hoping to get to. Bummer that its down. Great site.

Chris

Bob Cowell wrote:

Reply to
Chris Spierings

I miss it too. Lots of rpm info there, I should have saved it!

Reply to
Frank

You can find lots of defunct webpages archived in the "Way Back Machine" at

. I just pulled up RCFAQ.com with no problems other than a slow server.

Try here.

Hope this helps, PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

Cool, I was able to access all the rpm info! Not everything works though, but much of the site has been archived successfully. I just don't understand how an archive site can hold so much, literally millions of websites.

Reply to
Frank

Storage is getting so cheap these days. It's just nice that somebody takes the trouble to do it. It can be a real lifesaver on occasion. PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

If I got it right, if you enter in a website (that still exists) and it isn't in the database, that sets it up to be archived on the next crawl. So I entered in about a dozen of my favorites, just in case, lol.

Reply to
Frank

Really good compression!

Reply to