Re: Engine dying

Trash the MDS and get an OS engine.

Reply to
supernovam2

Do we have anyone with a good suggestion about it quitting at anygiven time and will run all day on ground. It is encased in Foam, fuel tank

Reply to
supernovam2

Let me say that the "foam" should be soft not polystyrene or anything firm. I bought a 60 size Stinger from a guy and the engine quit a lot, I was checking fuel lines for pin holes and found the tank firmly packed in Styro. The middle of the tank should be even with the spray bar at level flight. I once saw a brass fuel tube that was split but you couldn't see it, you could feel it with your finger nail if you knew what you were looking for. The only way we found it was that it was the last piece of the puzzle. Maybe: split in tank, hole in fuel line, hole in brass tube, plumbed wrong, leaky back on crank case, leaky head, leaky carb. mount, radio glitch on throttle servo only(oh wait, he said "good" suggestion), clunk fell off, debris in tank, crap in needle valve, I had a ST with the little rubber boot on the carb. had gotten hard and leaked air, and remember that tank foam is vibration isolation, don't let it be tight.

mk

is he the OP or are we re-hashing? which reminds me, there is lots of good info here if you search earlier posts.

Reply to
MJKolodziej