Re: Flight Simulator in Google Earth

>I have the newest version of Google Earth but can't >access the FS. I tried the above link and had no >luck with their instructions. >Would appreciate any help. > >TIA > >Ken Day

I did download GE and works for me. I buzzed my house at about 1000 knts in the F-16. I think I broke some windows...

From the instructions copied on the help screen:

'To enter the flight simulator mode, press Ctrl + Alt + A. Once you have entered flight simulator mode for the first time, you can re-enter the mode by choosing Tools > Enter Flight Simulator.'

Keep fiddling with it and good luck,

David

Reply to
David Hopper

Hi

Solved it - I think the technical term is a "brain fart"!!!

I was subconsciously thinking of it as a MODEL flight sim, which of course it isn't.

Unplug my RC Tx and plug in my old game joystick and it works fine.

For those who can't access the Flight Sim, my version of Google Earth is 4.2(beta) - to be exact - which I obtained by simply clicking on the button in the help menu.

Regards KGB

Reply to
KGB

| Solved it - I think the technical term is a "brain fart"!!! | | I was subconsciously thinking of it as a MODEL flight sim, which of | course it isn't. | | Unplug my RC Tx and plug in my old game joystick and it works fine.

Now now, I've played several flight simulator games with my RFG2 and RFG3 controllers. You just have to map some controls around and it works fine. The only problems are things like to shoot you have to switch a toggle switch rather than a conveniently placed trigger.

No idea if Google Earth allows you to do this, however.

Reply to
Doug McLaren