Late Evening Flying

Or... "The Upside to Light Pollution." The wind died unexpectedly this evening, so at about 7:15pm I went flying with one of the gliders. Even with overcast, the sky stays pretty light around here, so as long as I kept the plane within about 150' of me, I could see it clearly (this one is yellow, which helps). The plane was pretty well-behaved, and I managed to land it both times within 20' of me. The mosquitos in the field were more of a problem than the quickly falling night, so I'm thinking about equipping at least one of the planes for night flying. The Commander 2, which I have yet to fly, has an "X-Port" that can be fitted with a multiple LED spotlight that illuminates the underside of the wing. Anyone ever see one of those in use? Anyone doing anything with simple two-color LED setups, so you know which way the plane is oriented? Think I'll revisit a night-flying site I found last month...

Reply to
mjc1