Re: Found a power supply...

Check out the instructions at

maybe there was a step missed.

-- Red S. Red's R/C Battery Clinic

us out for "revolting" information.

> Am trying to build one using a PC power supply following the article in > the Sept. issue of Model Aviation by Eloy Marez. Followed instructions > using a new PC power supply. Cannot make it turn on. Anyone help? > > > -- > dimberio >
Reply to
Red Scholefield

If it is an ATX supply, just tie the green and one black together. If it still doesn't turn on, get a 5 ohm, 5 watt resistor and place it between one of the red leads and a black one. If it STILL doesn't turn on, it may be defective.

BTW, For our European friends, I have a 350 watt power supply modified for foam use that I will sell for $20.00. It is rated for 16 amps on the 12v section. I have broken out the 5v and 12v sections on heavier wire and paralleled the power wires so that you can also run a separate wire heat transformer with one l power cord. Shipping is whatever it costs. It is a

220v input only.

I also have a 240 watt power supply modified for foam cutting. It is dual voltage and the 12v is rated for 7 amps. It also has a remote power switch lead. This one is $10.00 plus shipping.

Anyone who wants a modified power supply can contact me and I will give a price for your specs.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

How could that be, Eloy's article was original, or was it? I don't recall seeing any credit given to anyone else.

JR

Reply to
JR

The article Red pointed too has been on the Battery Clinic site for a long time... with credit to the author. I was just wondering how Eloy could have done original research and "missed a step" in his article?

JR

Reply to
JR