Re: GWS Slow Stick

What kind of motor do you have on it ? Neither of mine will climb like that with mico servos , micro receiver and a 7 cell 350 Mah pack. TIA

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

I don't know about David's model, but mine takes off in a real hurry and climbs like stink with the stock prop and motor on 8x500AR NiCADs. FMA M-5 receiver (11 grams-ish), 2x HS-55. I also use the 8x1100mAh HECELL pack mentioned in my old message below, and get (surprise) about 1.75-2 times the duration, and what seems like slightly less peak power.

I'd like to see a pencam equipped Slow Stick on floats! I'm flying mine on floats now, but my camera crapped out a while ago so no onboard video..

Ken - I think you would see appreciably more climb performance on 8 cells, even the 350's. I have one 8x350 pack for mine and it climbs well. I much prefer the duration on the larger cells though.

- Mike D

Reply to
M Dennett

I've been flying my Slow Stick with Lithium Polimer batteries 4 cells total,

2 series, 2 parallel. Using 850 Ma Plantronics cells for a total capacity of about 1700 Ma.

My best flight time has been 51 minutes, average is around 40. Climb is pretty healthy .... maybe 30 degrees .... was steeper, but I decreased the wing incidence to make it less "zoomy" when the climb power was applied.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Smith

Mike - Thanks. I more cell made quite a difference. It was never really lacking in power ,the performance was good even on 7 cells , maybe I just didn't know what 70 degrees looks like. LOL After flying with 8 cells I suppose it is climbing at that rate and the performance is GREAT. I have quite a few aircraft from Quickie 500 to 1/4 Scale Cap and Extra , pattern, fun fly and a Flip 3D. I enjoy flying my stick as well as any of them. A few of us who fly on Sunday afternoons get out our Slow Sticks a couple hours before dark when it's really calm and and have a ball. I'm surprised how much wind it will handle. I gave it a toss crosswind the other day in a fairly strong wind and it went faster sideways than it did forward LOL , but was still very manageble.

I very seldom leave home without it :-) Keep one in my car most of the time.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

I fly with the stock motor and gearbox. I put a 12-6 prop on it for a bit more thrust. The 8th cell in your pack makes all the difference in how it flys. I use Hecells so the voltage stays up under a heavy amp load. There is quite a difference in performance between the Hecells and my 800 mah 5/4 AAA packs also. The Hecells pack quite a bit more 'punch' than the AAA packs. The SlowStick IMO is probably the best value in RC flying at this time. Lots of fun for just a little bit of cash!

David

Reply to
David Morris