Re: Old 1/2a pylon racer plans question

I ran across a set of plans I got back in the 70's for the Hornet 1/

Pylon race. I built on back then with a TD .049. I've dusted off th plans and am working on a new one but plan to use electric power. I hav an AXI 26-12-22 with 3C Lipo power. Any ideas how this will perform?

Boo Wrote:

Boo wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > > > It's a long time ago now but does anyone happen to remember th > name > > > of a pair of 1/2a (Cox TD 049 power) rc pylon racers the plans for > > > which were published in either RCM&E or Radio Modeller sometim > back > > > around 1976 ? IIRC there was a 2 or 3-article series on 1/2 > pylon > > > racing around that time. Any pointers for where I can get hol > of > > > copies of the plans would be gratefully received. (I tried > > > searching the plans at the
website bu > didn't > > > find what I was looking for). > > Andrew Batts wrote: > > 1/2 A racing was pretty popular during the 70's. I can recal > several > > pylon racers, some of which were replicas. Try these: > > > > Upstart Owen Kampen RCM Plan #459 > > Super Chip Jerry Cole 477 > > Fireball Floyd Carter 666 > > > > There were some other designs that also raced, but were not repro's. > > > > Hot Dawg Ken Willard 561 > > Cheetah Ken Eubanks 662 > > Hornet Nowl Roselle 705 > > Honker Rocket Dave Thorneburg 832 > > Undertaker Milt Sanders 885 > > Daze wrote: > > How about the Sept '75 issue of Model Aviation? > > Thy had plans for a Shoestring based on the old > > HOB kit (.15 powered?). No 1/2a pylon racers in Aero Modeler AFAIK. > > How about the Quicksilver, also from MA? > > Thanks both of you but I don't think it was any of these. I'm almost > positive it would have been either Radio Modeller or RCM&E that ha > the > plan. I know RCM&E plans are listed at
bu > can > anyone tell me where the Radio Modeller plans ended up ? > > Thanks again, > > -- > Bo

-- Greg McCracke

this thread:

Greg McCracken