Re: Seagull Model's Edge 540 .60 Arf & MDS .78 engine

Hello, Just Made A Order Of The Edge 540 With 68" Wing, This Is Gonn

Be One Of My Bigger Plane, Please Give Me Some Advise Or Just Abou Anything That I Should Know, Thank You, Love Your Comments

-- MATHewmou

----------------------------------------------------------------------- MATHewmoua's Profile:

this thread:

MATHewmoua

Give us a link the the plane. (I won't offer more) :) mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

This is a well known sport/scale ARF that is of good quality:

An MDS .78 should pull the plane around with plenty of authority. Other than the usual ARF suggestions (seal the covering edges before flying, reinforce any critical glue joints you can get to with extra glue), you should be able to build this ARF by the book and fly it successfully. Seagull Models ARFs are generally manufactured well and come bundled with good, usable hardware.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Paasch

hey thanx for the help guys, Ed what about the .60 O.S, a old time

friend recomend me that particular one. and what about the controlle and particular brand that i should beaware of. is the digital reall make a whole lot differents? as for the link, i order it thru horizon hobby if that any help

-- MATHewmou

----------------------------------------------------------------------- MATHewmoua's Profile:

this thread:

MATHewmoua

I took a look at your profile. You say that you are a first year flyer If you are still in the learning/begining stage, I would reccommend tha you don't try to fly this plane until you get a bunch more experienc flying. This plane is NOT for beginers. As far as the OS 60 engine, i would probably fly the plane, barely. The Edge would be seriously unde powered with it. Go for a 91 2 stroke or a 120 4 stroke, then fly i like you stole it. Pau

--

42etu

42etus's Profile:
this thread:
42etus
42etus 91 2 stroke sound pretty good, but i still very shaken about th

whole deal here, and specially when you drop these other points too, yo are right i still think that this plane may be too big for me, oh wil lol. thanks thou. oh hey so exactly how many cc are there for this .9 cubic?. I know 3.cub is 50cc right, but when you go under that dot, dont have a way to figure it out lol. thanks

-- MATHewmou

----------------------------------------------------------------------- MATHewmoua's Profile:

this thread:

MATHewmoua

About 15cc

Reply to
MJKolodziej

to convert cubic inches (CI) to cc use the following:-

(CI^(1/3)* 2.54)^3

0.91CI using above formula gives 15.9cc

Reply to
GerryGerry

thanks Gerry

-- MATHewmou

----------------------------------------------------------------------- MATHewmoua's Profile:

this thread:

MATHewmoua

hey are any of you guys from Cali

-- MATHewmou

----------------------------------------------------------------------- MATHewmoua's Profile:

this thread:

MATHewmoua

Nope, Oregon here. I've never left anything in Calif that I need bad enough to return for. Paul

Reply to
Paul

I Just Pick Up My Plane From Hobby Town , And My Buddy Is Building, Hope To Get It Done By This Weekend. Wish Me A Luck.

Reply to
MATHewmoua

Good luck! mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

it has been little over two months now and my plane is completed and up in the air, i just want to thanks every one that had gave me advise and help me thru this first timer. i had flown the model and it was so much challenging. everytime i took over the controller, i was just shaken and nervouse lol. but it gets better every day now. i love the size and thrill of it. keep in touch.

Reply to
MATHewmoua

That's terrific to hear! Congratulations.

Reply to
Ed Paasch