VMAX ARF

Anyone have any experience with any VMAX ARFs. Looking at the Harvard II ARF

Thanks

Reply to
Todd

VMAX OR VMAR??? I've had a VMAR Edge for three years.Great flier and a bargain. Just don't listen to all the flaming of this brand. You'll hear all you want to hear,mostly negative. Be your own judge.It's a bit heavy and has no balsa but a good flier. I'd buy another. Also had the Arrow Tiger and it's history but not the planes fault.

Reply to
TX_QBALL

Well to put a negative for that positive, I bought an Edge last Xmas

There is alot of effort gone into the wing construction i.e. complex but the covering is absolute ****e! It had bubbled before it even go out of the box and went from bad to worse, I know its australian hea at 30 deg+ in the sun, but when my model looks like its got small pox all the others are still sitting pretty. Now I could handle that, but when the covering literally peeled off as a sheet mid-flight o about the 8th flight (even though on all their promotional stuff the go on about Enhanced Covering System and their "Sure Seal" system) was a little peeved. More so when I wrote them an email, with photo attached of the plane with the peeled wing and tattered remains of th few pieces left and not so much as a sorry (the letter was professiona and not at all aggressive).

I have a love hate relationship with VMAR, they have some of the nices looking aircraft out there, especially with the new phantom and ange theyve brought out, but I look at my Edge with smallpox and white wing where once there were graphics, and I cant bring myself to put u another $290+ for a plane that looks good until you want to fly it Especially given that VMAR dont even stand behind their own products

-- Cerberu

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Cerberus's Profile:

this thread:

Cerberus

Reply to
strathboy

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:59:20 -0600, Cerberus whined about VMAR shit

I think you've summed VMAR up in one Cerberus.

Here's my summation.

The ARF bar has been raised by all brands this year....except VMAR.

With the possible exception of their overpriced trash, there are no longer any consistently bad ARFs out there and the competitionis hot.

It's sink or swim time for Vee Make Arf Rubbish.

Reply to
jl seagull

I am glade you made this post. I have been looking at some of there planes thinking i mite get one later on but i dont think i wont the trouble. I have a V Maxx engine that has been a real good engine. I have about 5 gals throught it now and it still runs just as good as the frist time i ran it.But i am going to look at some other planes kits now that i have seen this post.

Reply to
George Thomas