Disgusting

I have been out of the hobby for 8 years, and thought I'd stop by my old club to see what was going on. I saw the same hackers with way too much money and no skill level with their ten thousand dollar T.O.C. planes trying to hover twenty feet off of the deck. I couldn't get the hell out of there fast enough. I really enjoyed flying pattern, but the politics and BS bias burned me out. I discovered that the Muncie Nationals could be won by buying a judge a nice steak dinner the night before. The whole world is focused on the 'Olympic Doping Scandal' right now, but that factor has nothing on the fun family oriented hobby of radio controlled aeroplanes. Cubic dollars = trophies.

winnard

Reply to
winnard

Guessin we wont have to hear from you for another 8 years?

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

sounds to me like you are just one of the jealous old farts that knows damn well he can't fly a scale aerobatic aircraft, so he chooses to express his hatred for those who can. I have met your type many times. My guess is those guys were doing a good job of hovering 20 feet off the deck, OR LESS without a problem........and I also presume they were happy to see you leave...........

spend more time practicing and less time bitching and you might be able to torque roll yourself.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Lorance

In news:nJidncGs snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, Brad Lorance pecked:

In general I agree with you, but he does have a point. While extreme acrobatics takes tremendous skill and hours and hours of practice, some of the extreme 3D flyers have become helicopter pilots in every way except the aircraft. Fixed wing aircraft deserve a little forward flight from time to time.

-- Dave Thompson

Reply to
Dave Thompson

See you and your park flyer on a park sometime :-)

We have a little field used by glider guiders and electric flyers. One of the few times I visited it, I was remarking on how much mire relaxed it was than the power site..one old boy remarked that 'after years of fiddling with engines, and controlling over powered models, he had gone back to gliders and E-planes 'because I suddenly realized I wasn't having fun anymore'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I flew against one kid at the nats whose GRANDMOTHER was a judge. If that isn't biased judging then what is?

winnard

Reply to
winnard

Jealousy rears it's ugly head again.....

Worst case of sour grapes I've seen in a long time...

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Or he's just trollin.

Reply to
Vance Howard

one more club-basher.......have fun with your "lonely little self

-- Viper Pilo

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Viper Pilot's Profile:

this thread:

Viper Pilot

Just cause you can't fly 20 feet obove the ground in a hover does not make it bad, It just means that you are not a good enough flyer to do it!

Stop complaining and get a good plane and start practicing to get good in modern flying style. You will find it more challenging than old pattern.

Reply to
Flierbk

If one doesn't suspect some things are rigged in the AMA, one has obviously ignored the election process for many years!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

I don't really enjoy those who hover right over the runway unless they are willing to climb to allow me to shoot touch and goes under them. Most do once they have seen that *I* practice as much control over my airplane as they do.

This complaint stinks of sour grapes. It looks like a duck. It talks like a duck. It sounds like a duck. It walks like a duck. Therefore it must be a pattern flyer who lost to some kid who could really fly well.

P.S. Your "complaint" MIGHT be more believable if you had the courage of your convictions enough to sign your real name and PROVE that last assertion.

Jim Branaum

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I have no problem with 3-D maneuvers on the runway, unless I'm practicing touch and goes at the same time. That's when courtesy takes over. Another point is almost EVERYONE is doing 3-D...I like to do and see something different at the field. Like maybe a "teeter-board" Dr.1 tripe? Try aerobatics with THAT sucker! :)

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Six,

You know as well as I do that certain individuals will make use of any and all information they can glean from this and other internet sources. And you also know that their purpose is malicious at best and driven by nothing less than evil intent. To that end, how can you criticize anyone for wanting to protect their own identity in any way they deem fit?

You of all should know better!

Chuck

Reply to
C.O.Jones

But *I* am only scared of the second floor surgical nurse with a needle. It's a Marine thing. . . . .

You seem to have missed the last assertion that needed to be proven. I could be wrong, but I have yet to seen a grandmother with the qualifications necessary to judge any model aviation event. Well, maybe Hazel . . . .

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Ah . . . . . another vast right-wing conspiracy!!!

Don'tcha just love it!!!

-- Viper Pilo

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Viper Pilot's Profile:

this thread:

Viper Pilot

judgeing, competition??? so THIS IS THE REASON everyone flies???

thought it was for the fun and enjoyment. I thought it was to be abl to experiment with different oddly designed foamies. And above all, thought it was for the satisfaction of a job well done for one's self not the accolades of others and trophies to prove it. Just remember, the trophy and a buck twentyfive will get you a cup o coffee in the real world...

-- gunf1gh

----------------------------------------------------------------------- gunf1ght's Profile:

this thread:

gunf1ght

That would be the "square" needle wouldn't it? :)

qualifications

Actually, in her day my Grandmother probably could have been a judge. She and my mother use to build the stick and tissue stuff. That's where I learned it.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Any proof ?

Looks like a troll.....

------- Newsman

Reply to
Newsman

Sorry to see you leave, and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

MJC

Reply to
MJC