Renewal Batteries

This doesn't have much to do with the RC Hobby, but I thought since there are lot of battery experts here somebody might know. A while ago, I bought the Renewal battery system from Rayovak. I never had much luck with them, a lot of the batteries wouldn't recharge only after a couple of uses. I think it's because their intelligent charger is stupid. Quite often cells would reverse in polarity and I would have to use a 9v battery to zap them back. Is it possible to use a Nicad charger like the Triton, to charge these renewal batteries, or will it blow up because they are alkaline?

Reply to
Normen Strobel