[REQ] best shop in NY

I'm going to NY next week and I would know which is according to the ng the biggest rc model aircraft store in Manhattan. Thank you very much.

Peter Angel ------------------------------

Reply to
PeterAngel

Don't know about Manhattan, but Bruckners in Brooklyn is a great place.

Skip Americas Hobby Center! Nothing but a small room with no product displayed and a half door where you tell them what you want. At least that is what I encountered the last time I was there (10 years ago).

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

"Paul McIntosh" ha scritto nel messaggio news:c1pqco$4f0$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com...

Thanks for the precious advice. Bye.

-P-A-

Reply to
PeterAngel

Dan Thompson (AMA 32873, EAA 60974, WB4GUK, GROL) remove POST in address for email

Reply to
Dan Thompson

I don't know if there's a Bruckner Hobby in Brooklyn, but there was and still is (I beleive) a Bruckner Hobby in the Bronx. They are (were) on Tremont Ave near Bruckner Blvd (hence the name !) in the Bronx. At least that's the way it was when I lived in Brooklyn. Check this out:

the city. Howard H. Orlando, Fl "Fly all year"

Reply to
Howard

You are right! I passed through Brooklyn to get there. Hard to tell where one ends and another begins.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

their web site says they have 3 stores. Bronx, Westchester, and Rockland.

Reply to
jeboba

Looks like Bruckners is more R/C cars than anything else.

Reply to
jeboba

Take the ferry over to Staten Island and go to Brownies in Port Richmond. They're opened Tuesday through Saturday.

Reply to
RCFlyerNYC

Thats true - at least of the bronx store. But man do they have some hardcore car stuff. They are really into the 1/8 scale onroad scene and probably have more of that kinda stock than anyone else on the east coast. I dont remember much of any plane stuff - but i wasnt into planes yet when i was there, so i wouldnt have really noticed.

Reply to
MikeF

Now Brownies is something else.... It appears Mr Brown built his first plane with help from the Wright Brothers themselves. And has since built one plane a week and hangs them all from the ceiling of his shop. The place is really quite claustraphobic, because he has 6' piles of stock everywhere. Regardless of what you want, they probably have it, but you'll have to dig. I wish he'd stock more GWS stuff though...

Reply to
MikeF