Retracts & JR XP6102

I am setting up retracts for the first time. When I go to the travel adjust screen in the JR XP6102 transmitter to limit the servo travel, it doesn't seem to work. Looking at the graphical display of servo motion, it shows the gear channel with appropriate limited motion, but the servo itself always moves 180 degrees. If I make the travel percentages very small, the servo moves slowly but always the same 180 degrees. What am I missing?

Ed

Reply to
Ed Smega

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:30:31 -0400, "Ed Smega" wrote in :

Beats me.

I've relayed your question to the JR radios yahoo group.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Just for giggles, try it with a different servo. It is conceivable that your servo is designed to _always_ go 180 degrees ('cause it's for retracts, don'cha know). If a regular old servo decreases the motion like it should, then it's the servo -- if not, it's not.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Retract servos are not proportional, always 180 degrees.

sedawk

Well, that would certainly explain it! It sure would be nice if the travel limits worked though.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Smega

Retract servos are not proportional, they always move 180 degrees. Use the large wheel provided with the servo and drill your holes on opposite sides of the wheel to control the amount of throw for your gear movement. Sometimes it take more than one wheel to get it right. That must be why every servo comes with a wheel. A large arm might be used in place of the wheel, but sometimes one hole is too much and and the next is too little to lock the gear.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Kolomyjec