Four star retracts

Hello, I want to put a set of air retracts on a 4* 60. I got the retracts in a trade. the wing halves are compleated but not joined together yet. I have never dealt with retracts before. any info would help. I don't have any idea where they should mount.

Reply to
skynyrdfan

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:39:28 -0500, skynyrdfan wrote in :

Recessed into the wing.

You need a wheel well for the wheels.

A servo bay for the servo.

A channel between them for the gear leg.

The retract needs to be pretty firmly mounted to the wing or else it will just rip out on your first landing.

Don't ask me how I know. :o(

I would open up the wing panels on the underside and do some major surgery to make sure that the retract mount is on rails that are well integrated into the structure of the wing.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ