GWS Beaver Wing Question

Hi All,
Was working on a GWS beaver and had to put it on the shelf for a couple of weeks about half done. When my son and I went back to the garage to finish
it off this weekend, the piece of sticky plastic you put on the top to help hold the two halves together had become seperated from both sides, and doesn't seem all that sticky anymore :(
What can we do to connect these twho wing halves together with enough strength to fly as the trainer it was meant to be for my son?
Thanks for any help. Steve
Try a search on www.rcgroups.com. Under the "parkfliers" category, there is a very VERY large number of GWS Beaver fans. They can help!
How did you stick the peice on the first time? GWS glue? I don't know much, but I think you are supposed to clean the foam with rubbing alcohol? and then use the GWS glue as contact cement - glue both bits separately, let dry, and then press together. Do check on my facts here - foggy memory.
I've seen the Beaver fly in person - looks like a fun little plane. I'd like one myself one day! C
Steve wrote:

Try just gluing it together again with the GWS glue then strengthen it it with some reinforced packaging tape. You need the tape to reinforce the wing as per the upgrade instructions. You can get a roll from Bunnings its about 20 or so mm wide with what looks like white threads along it. Its really good for repairs and reinforcing other bits like the landing gear as well.
regards,
Neil
Hi,

Will do, and yup, had a roll of that tape for years, almost as many uses as duct tape around the house. Strong stuff.
Steve

Hi Steve, For all things Beaver try this forum
-http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tB3643
Its Canadas Latest Beaver forum there is mountains of info as well as some BS to wade through - there are 9 forums of about 500 threads on it. but well worth the time.
regards,
Neil

That's fiberglass thread in it. Terribly strong, but can be broken under shock loading, especially around a smaller radius. Shock loading in models, though, usually means crashing anyway :-) The glue on the tape is its weak point: it dries out and lets go after a while. Dan