Right thrust checking

How is the right thrust of an airplane normally checked ?

My plane has unlimited vertical at just above 1/2 throttle, but will only go straight up on full throttle, anything less and it will veer to the left. For example if I throttle back when going up, as it slows and stops it pulls left.

Thanks,

John Deering

I like to place the fuselage on its side with the prop removed and the fin horzitional and level it with an incidence meter on the fin. Secure the fuse to keep it from moving. (I use shot bags) Then place the incidence meter on the prop hub and read the thrust. (I use two incidence meters to insure that nothing moves) Hope this helps. Bill

Reply to
me