Hobbyzone / Ripmax FIGHTERBIRD = any good?

Hello,

Have any of you experience with the Fighterbird RC plane? I know its not a PRO toy, but looks like great fun. I have bought one for myself and my friend also has one - just waiting on the batteries changing.

Let me know if they are fun...

Ta!

Gary :)

Reply to
Gary Whittle

We see some of them on the field every so often, there OK, given the limitations but they are a bit fragile, we've seen a lot of wings fold up and have to be strengthened by adding a carbon spar. Some come with spars fitted but most not, and it's awful seeing the kids face when it falls to the ground.

Reply to
gavin

I don't know about fragile? I have one and it will take a hell of a lo

of abuse. I have seen my friends crash their's hard, pick it up, an throw it back up. Super cheap (packing tape) and easy to repair. have yet to fold a wing and I push mine harder than any others I hav seen in the air. A blast to have a few buddies and a good dogfight.

I did see a couple young kids with two at the baseball field. They ha no idea what they were doing and completely destroyed them in about 3 minutes

- schlarman

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums Visit us at

schlarmann

|I don't know about fragile? I have one and it will take a hell of a lot |of abuse. I have seen my friends crash their's hard, pick it up, and |throw it back up. Super cheap (packing tape) and easy to repair. I |have yet to fold a wing and I push mine harder than any others I have |seen in the air. A blast to have a few buddies and a good dogfight. | |I did see a couple young kids with two at the baseball field. They had |no idea what they were doing and completely destroyed them in about 30 |minutes.

It is very repairable. Lots of parts at most stores. you will need them if you are new to the hobby.

Reply to
R. David Steele

Yes they are tough, but only uses 2 channels. A similar but better plane is the Aerobird or the Aerobird Challenger. Both have similar fuses, but I think the Aerobirds have a longer wingspan. They are also very durable, but you can reinforce the motor mounts on both models using a zip tie to prevent your motor from pulling through the fuse.

Reply to
Darren Earle

|Yes they are tough, but only uses 2 channels. A similar but better plane is |the Aerobird or the Aerobird Challenger. Both have similar fuses, but I |think the Aerobirds have a longer wingspan. They are also very durable, but |you can reinforce the motor mounts on both models using a zip tie to prevent |your motor from pulling through the fuse. |

Sorry, I have the Aerobird. It has much of the same features plus it is a three channel system.

Reply to
R. David Steele