Saito .91 Carb re-location

The Saito .91 I just purchased came out of the box with the needle valve adjustment on the same side as the exhaust/muffler. I would like to change this so that the needle valve is opposite the exhaust like a 2-stroke engine. Question; can I rotate the carb body 180 deg by removing the 2 screws that hold the carb to the crankcase ??

Thanks for any responses

Stearman

Reply to
stearman

Ted Brindle

Question; can I rotate the carb body 180 deg by removing the 2 screws that hold the carb to the crankcase ??

Yep, just unbolt it and flip it around, you will have no problems with the way it will run. rick markel

Reply to
Aileron37

Using a LARGE paper clip is a better idea. Music wire is likely to break your needle valve, the paper clip just bends in a crash.

If you do not crash , then it's a moot point.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

I guess I'm lucky. I have planted several in the ground haven't broken one yet.

But using softer wire would make more sense.

Reply to
emcook