saito rocker arm fix

Does anyone have a fix for a problem I just developed with a Saito 56. The rocker arm pin on the exhaust valve worked loose. It ruined the threads in the rocker arm carrier which is aluminum. I called Horizon Hobby and they could only replace the entire cylinder at a cost of $50.00. It seems that there must be a way to fix this problem without replacing the entire cylinder.

Reply to
aeromodler

On 19 May 2007 20:02:51 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote in :

You could try JB Weld.

It would cost a dollar to try it.

If it doesn't work, the head won't be any worse for the wear.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

You might try to track down Clarence Lee, it is my understanding that he was doing a thriving business in Helicoil work which is what you need to effect that repair. The Horizon folks offered you the only solution they officially know of. You probably need a new rocker pin also.

Good luck

Jim Branaum

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Lee advertises in the back of several the model mags, in the classified section. He now writes his column in MAN, so you can definately find his ad in there.

I was gonna go dig out my Saito .56 and see what I thought of the idea of JB Welding it, but I cn't find it! Can a guy have too many engines? ;-) Or is it just not enough organisation?

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

On Sun, 20 May 2007 20:52:44 -0700, Geoff Sanders wrote in :

You clearly have too many engines and need to start donating them to worthy beneficiaries.

Marty Definitely Worthy :-O

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

OK, Marty, if you're ever at the Jesuit Novitiate in Portland, Oregon, walk catty-corner across the street and have a look! I just might have something you want that I'm willing to donate to a worthy cause. :-P Also, you can help me find my Saito .56!

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

On Mon, 21 May 2007 19:55:11 -0700, Geoff Sanders wrote in :

I hope to be in Portland in mid-June.

Mom and I are flying out and my brother, Dominic, is driving up from Sacramento with two of his kids.

Meanwhile, I'll pray to St. Anthony and St. Joseph, two of my family's best friends, for what you need. ;o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

E-mail me and let me know when!

Are they patron saints of the scatterbrained? :-[

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Sanders