Sig SE Battery Installation

Any suggestions on the best way to secure the battery in a sig se. Do I just wrap it if foam and stuff it under the sevro tray? Fred 123

Reply to
Fred123

Figure out where the battery needs to go. You will probably need to move it around to establish a good balance point. When you figure out where it needs to go, then you have to figure out how to mount it depending on the situation.

If there's something you can stuff it under, stuff it. If it's out in the open, double-sided tape, or sticky-back Velcro is an easy way to secure it. There's no one "Best" way.

Reply to
mkirsch1

That's exactly what I did. Balance was just right with it under the RX.

While building the SE, what ever you do, beef up the wing mounting. I don't know if Sig has finally wized up and fixed their manual, but it used to just tell you to use a rubber band between two hooks to hold the wings on. Trust me, the plane WILL roll fast enough to break a much stronger strap than a #64 rubber band and WILL eject both wings in mid air. (No point in asking how I know. :( )

Reply to
Steve

How about high-tensile servo-leads as safety-backup? ;-)

One more advice on the SE: The manual is wrong concerning the tank installation. The recommended tank has to be inserted *before* closing the fuselage. It won't fit in after...

How I know?

JS

Reply to
JS