Speed 600 motor and HITEC SP-1801N speed controller Battery?

I have a speed 600 motor and an 8x4 prop, with a speed sontroller that is rated at 8.4V. the problem is the speed controller has BEC and cuts out at 5.6V. The current battery pack can't coupe and and drops its voltage to low on full throttle. What type of batter pack would I need so I could draw a good current and keep the voltage up?

Thanks,

Ross.

Reply to
Ross Alexander

How many amps are you pulling? Check

for a good list of batteries and their recommended applications.

Reply to
Anthony R

An 8x4 prop is a little too much for a simple Speed 600 motor on 8.4V,

7 cells. Try dropping to 6 cells, or using a smaller prop, like an 8x3 or 7x4.

Any car pack in reasonably good condition should be able to withstand the 30-35 Amps that the motor will draw with an 8x4 prop on it. Packs built with CP1700 or CP2400 NiCd cells, or HR4/5FAUP NiMH cells, will handle the load just fine.

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

Speed 600 normally fly on 1700 Nicads and up. Maybe 3000 NiMh, adn lord knows what Lipolys

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher