Sterling Models from the 50s

Does anyone know if 'Sterling Models' are still in business? If so, do they have a website? Did anyone take-over their business?

I'm looking for information about TWO of their popular model boat kits from the 50s and 60s. Their 'Christ-Craft 50-Ft Catalina Cruiser' and their '63-Ft Christ-Craft Motor Yacht'.

EarlOfTroy

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

Sterling went through maybe a dozen owners before being purchased by Estes Industries. Estes tried to reintroduce several of the airplane designs but was not very successful so it appears to be gone for now. They still own the name but I am not at all sure they own the rights to all the designs as some of the planes are being done as reproduction kits. I think the boats dropped out of production sometime in the early 60's in one of the many changes of ownership. Keep looking on Ebay but I suspect that any kits will go for collector prices. Bob Furr

Reply to
icerinkdad

It might not hurt to contact Pat Tritle and see what he knows. He designs Dumas boat kits, and knows a lot about who sells what. >

Geoff Sanders