A Good Idea, A Little Too Late

"REWARD IF FOUND"

Thts' what crossed my mind this evening after when I realized that I had really, truly lost my Commander 2 to gusty winds and bad trim. It wasn't even that far from me, or really high up, but it had gotten downwind, and the white plane just vanished in the reflected sunlight - and I couldn't spot it again. I don't know if it crashed in another field, a wooded area, or went into the Hudson river. I do know that I'm beginning to enjoy flying the pusher gliders more. They are more challenging, I can't get them 1500' feet away, and they are colorful. Had to get one out of a tree this week - it was the second time for that plane, which I know think of as the 'Rare Tree-Dwelling Mottled Red Pusher Glider.' But I've never lost one.

Reply to
mjc1

Sucks when they fly away. I would rather it be in pieces at my feet than over the rainbow. Ive lost two. A bowman Slope Scooter that went down somewhere in the scrub oak below Grass Mountain and a Goldberg Electra that had a power disconnect of some kind and just kept circling around farther and farther away till I lost sight of it

20 minutes later. The Scooter just lost lift. I climbed and clawed my way thru the scrub for hours and never found it. Still up there far as I know. I keep playing with the idea of sending one of my video planes out over the area to see if I could spot it from the air. The Electra lost connection with the battery just as it trimmed out perfectly. After sawing at the sticks and waving the antenna futilely, I just shut down, collapsed the antenna and watched it circle away... ..sniffle....

"mjc13 @verizon.net>"

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Reply to