Super Tiger G2000

Anyone know anything about this engine? Son just bought an 80 inch CAP with this fitted. CAn't seem to find anything on the web about it.

TIA

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

refer to Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

information under

"Engines,Plugs,Tuning, Petrol, Turbines, Mufflers, Cleaning, etc" and "Manuals - download .pdf files etc."

regards Alan T.

Reply to
A.T.

AIthough I haven't owned one, I have talked to people who have owned a G2000. I have heard these engines tend to run hot and be difficult to adjust. Use a fuel with plenty of oil and don't overprop it.

Dr.1

Reply to
Dr1

Thanks for the info. I have now managed to figure out the 2 needle valve settings and have got it running fine. Looking at the Super Tiger web site, it looks like this engine is no longer made? Maybe replaced by the G2300?

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Be careful with oil content on ST engines: GS2300 is the later version which does require 20% oil but G2000/2500 series are no longer available - number is stamped on side of mounting flange.

Instructions clearly state not to use excess oil in G2000/25, from G2000/25 instruction manual =

"3) Fuel. The "S 2000 requires fuels much less rich than usual. Using fuel based on methanol and castor oil, the percentage of oil will be of 15% during initial running, both in models and on the bench, and 10 -20% during normal running. Adding 5 - 10 % nitro to the fuel will improve performance and idling. The use of fuel with 20% castor oil, as usual, IS MOST PREJUDICIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THE ENGINE" ( capitals are as in instruction book. and proved through years hours with these engines)

8 pages of 2000/25 instruction book available via 4 jpgs if required. regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.

Alan, Many thanks for the info, got the engine running BUT it doesn't seem to 'peak' at all? Running on the 'as fitted' 18 x 6 prop. Currently running it on 10% nitro and it seems very sweat until you lift it up and then it seems to drop a bit? Where are those 4 jpg's?

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Reply to
A.T.

Reply to
Jim Slaughter

===============================

Len, does yours start better with a backwards flip(swat). Mine does. Mine definitely has a hot spot on the needle valve.

Reply to
jim breeyear

This engine was obviously run in very carefully as it runs like a dream! Has a tendency to run backwards at times though!

Having problems getting it below the 82Db noise level at the club though. Is the standard silencer a small square box with 2 small outlet pipes pointing down? Running on an 18 x 6, any suggestions as to a better/quiter prop?

Current setup is giving 84Db but they have agreed to let us fly using

80% throttle!

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff