Toledo Show

Anyone been yet? I am thinking about driving up tomorrow. I have never been, but I here it is one of the best shows around.

If anyone has been, let me know what you thought.

Thanks, Bill.

Reply to
Commtech

Just spent the day there. As always it was a great way to spend a day. Lots of new stuff, lots of old stuff. Only spent all the cash i had on hand. :-) Lots of people in the AM thinned out a little later in the day but it takes all day one way or another. GO! ENJOY! BE ONE WITH THE HOBBY!

remove my-wife to reply :-)

Reply to
Icrashrc

I was there from 11:00 am till 4:00 pm (all the time I had) and I know I missed half the sights. So many goodies, so little cash. Don't miss it!

If anyone has been, let me know what you thought.

Thanks, Bill.

Reply to
Harry Kolomyjec

I was down there on Friday. Our LHS works with a tour company in my town to charter a bus to go down there. That's the only way to go. They drop you off right in front of the door, and pick you up there at the end of the day. The most amazing thing I saw while I was down there was a flight simulator distributed by MRC. The simulator is called Reflex XTR. It was being displayed next to the Real Flight simulator. Even though the Real flight simulator is very good, the graphics on this XTR simulator are MUCH better. I never would have thought a simulation could have such good graphics - it's just like watching a video of an R/C plane flying. Of course it takes some serious computing power to run the simulation.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

I was there on Friday. A lot of good stuff but no real deals. Everybody wants top dollar for everything, even kits that have been sitting in a basement for 30 years.

Reply to
L. Sikorski

Kits are a hot commodity now days, especially the discontinued "classics." Some examples I've seen on eBay: a Sig Ryan STA kit sold for $280; A Sterling Models Stearman PT-17 went for $202.50; A Goldberg Senior Falcon kit sold for $250; Even a recently discontinued Dynaflite Flybaby sold for $161.77. Tower was selling these for $79 not more than a few months ago. I was lucky to find a complete NIB Sig Ryan STA kit at a swap meet earlier this year for $90.

Alan Harriman

Reply to
Alan Harriman

I Know what you mean Al. I am almost tempted to sell the Fly Baby kit I have! I have gotten a few good deals on Ebay lately though. I picked up a Hitec Prism 7X complete with 4 HS81 servo's for $120 shipped recently and a Great Planes F-15 Eagle for $60 so a deal can still be had on occasion but some things are selling for far too much. Anyone have a Dremel Table saw complete with rip fence and miter guage they want to part with? Going rate is currently running between $150 and $200 depending on who is bidding and what the condition is!

Alan Harriman wrote:

Reply to
Sherman F. Dickson II

Reply to
Ralph Henrichs

Kind of the light at the end of the tunnel. As long as there are people willing to buy these there is hope for modeling yet. And then there are always those that can't find the kit but will buy the plans, no matter how beat up they are. Modeling will live as long as this keeps on.

There are few things in our modeling activities like building from scratch from a set of plans.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield