Towing line for Firebird XL

Hi people, im very new to RC and flying. Just got a firebird XL and its flying very well. The only problem is the fly time. I dont really want to spend money on a new battery pack, so the question is:

Can i make a tow line (elastic etc) tow the XL up and then glide and motor?

I you rekon i can, where should i attach the hook and how and what should i make the line from.

My thinking is that the hook should be placed under the nose, and i can make the tow line from old bicycle inner tubes, cut into 2mtr lengths and tied together and extend the line with fishing line.

What do u think???

Reply to
sid

Most rigs you buy are surgical tubing, at least 100', then some type of line like braided fishing line about 100', with a small parachute on the end so your line isn't AS tangled.

Hook goes about at the center of gravity, I can't remember, if anything, a little forward.

It has been a while.

No, I don't think your inner tube idea will work.

-- Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans

IMHO. Buy another battery pack. It is cheaper than a high start or buying the componets to build one and you will save yourself the brain damage of trying to convert the Firebird XL into a high start glider.

Bob Ruth AMA 720565

Reply to
BobAndVickey