Trainer connector of the Graupner MC-24

Anyone knows the schematics of the trainer connector of the Graupner MC-24? Is a stereo female connector...

Thanks a lot!

Xap

Reply to
Xavi

If its the same as JR's connector its a mono stereo connector.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Do you mean a monophonic RCA audio cable? I never heard of a "mono stereo" connector. Or perhaps a mic/pin jack?

Jim - AMA 501383

Normen Strobel wrote:

Reply to
James D Jones

I'm not sure what they are called, but Radio Shack sells them. Here's a link to a picture with JR's cable. It looks just like the headphone jack in a walkman, but is mono rather than stereo.

Normen Strobel

Hi,

Indeed, for your Graupner MC24, it's a STEREO jack connector of 3.5mm (I think it's called 1/8inch in the US). For the connections of this STEREO jack :

- the sleeve is not used

- the tip is used as signal IN/OUT

- the middle contact is the GROUND

For a figure of it, have a look at my website, chapter 3, fig. 3-06.

Olivier

Reply to
Olivier tx2tx

The Graupner MC-12 has the same connector?

Thanks!

Xavi

Reply to
Xavi

Hi,

The original Graupner teacher or slave interface is indeed made to be used with an optical fiberglass-cable, just the same used as for the MC16-18-20-22-24, and indeed is using the same STEREO-jack connector. But have a look at my website if you want to use a buddy box that is ten times cheaper... And I installed on a MC10 a MONO jack connector, with the same connection as a Futaba/Robbe or a JR-connector (sleeve=ground, tip=signal).

Olivier

Reply to
Olivier tx2tx