Tru-Flite (Simulator) Press Release

Tru-Flite Press Release - June 2005 ------------------------------------
After 15 years we have decided to take a much deeper involvement of the
design and development of the next level of the Tru-Flite Simulator. To allow us more time for this we have involved a close colleague of ours, Ian Sargent in creating a new company solely for the sales, marketing and support of the Tru-Flite Simulator under the name of Tru-Flite Europe Ltd.
Whilst we are still very much at the helm of the company you will find Ian, at the end of the sales and support lines at Tru-Flite Europe, to be more than able and willing to help and assist in any way possible, in much the same way as we always have been. His experience in his previous Corporate training business and before that as an RAF Electronics Engineer will be a major benefit to the company and his input may already be seen on the new web site and in the soon to be released video training aid which will be part of the new CD software.
For customer and retail support, the change over will be totally seam-less and along with the totally new web site designed and maintained by Ian, incorporating many new and exiting features for the benefit of both retailers and customers alike, we see a great partnership in the making and a very positive future for all of our users.
By the time you read this the new site, at www.tru-flite.org, will be live and awaiting your input. On there you will also find forums, at www.tru-flite.org/forum, to cover all aspects of aero modelling, picture galleries an interactive wish list for inputing your ideas on what YOU the customer would like to see in a flight simulator, competition pages and more.
Both Gill and I thank you for your support in the past and look forward to the continued success of Tru-Flite Simulator for many years to come.
Yours Sincerely
Bill & Gill Burdett ====================================== I am pleased to announce that the nw web site, and forums, are now active and can be found at:-
Tru-Flite web site: http://www.tru-flite.org Aero Modelling forums: http://www.tru-flite.org/forum Guestbook: http://www.tru-flite.org/guestbook /
For support - please email snipped-for-privacy@tru-flite.org For sales - please email snipped-for-privacy@tru-flite.org To contact Ian please email snipped-for-privacy@tru-flite.org
Please visit the above sites and enjoy yourself. We also hope that within a short time the forums will become both a useful resource and 'knowledge base' for aero modellers of all ages and skill levels. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome.
We look forward to seeing you in the forums.
Regards Ian __________________________ Ian Sargent. Tru-Flite Europe Ltd, PO Box 4037, Bracknel, Berks, RG42 9BF www: http://www.tru-flite.org __________________________
How about some support for this product in the US ? I purchased your system years ago and never had support here then nor do we now unless we want to pay outragous shipping to get something updated. You even took down the downloadable ugrades from your site. Russ

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 22:09:29 GMT, "Awesomewiz"

No different to great planes / realflight who are USCentric. They have no easy way to get patches to a machine on a slow modem connection due to there worry of pirate software. Buy a used copy and you have no end of trouble re-registering it if the prior owner hasn't unregistered it or told you his password.
Try Reflex XTR good online support and not a closed system.
Yeah that's the one I've been thinking about lately. Graphics are outstanding. Isn't the reflex software copy protection in the dongle though. That seems to be a pain if you lose it. At least more stores are starting to carry it. I've got an Airtronics controller and some stores didn't even sell the version of reflex that would take that.. Oh yeah, Forgot another great item that happened with Tru-flite. I bought an adapter for use on my airtronics when I plugged it in it smoked a transister in my controller.. Not happy, they said I could send it back and they'd send me a new adapter. : (. I use an old airplane radio for it now so I don't risk my good controller. Russ

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 21:48:28 GMT, "Awesomewiz"

Yea, but as the dongle is also the transmitter adapter yout not that likely to lose it, mine stays permanantly in the USB port.

I have Reflex XTR which is the best for me because I'm concentrating on helicopters at the moment.
Reflex is targetted at heli fliers and in my opinion it is the best. However, for fixed wing I think it is rather weak - G2/G3 (the other sims I have tried) are way ahead.
AFP is also considered to be very good but I haven't had chance to try it myself.
Cheers,
Nigel

What do you think of G3 for the heli pilot? The $66. in a couple easy pay's make it a much nicer deal for me. I could keep buying fuel and flying and running a sim.

G3 and XTR are very close.
XTR has the edge on 'physics', free downloads and upgrades and graphics (although the photo-realistic graphics are not everything as they are a bit 32D - lacking in real 3D objects to interact with - land on, fly under, crash into etc).
G3 is easier to use, better support for US guys, more fun (multiplayer online events etc) and has way better fixed wing.
So if you are just into helis its a close call - perhaps XTR has a slight edge. If you are also interested in fixed wing and fun (online events, interesting flying sites) then G3 has it, especially if the price is good.
G3 also gives you the best of both worlds for control - its own controller or use your own.
Cheers,
Nigel

Well I purchased Realflight, there is one more thing Reflex is over $50 cheaper. You can get Reflex with the right cord for $189. For Realflight, you have to purchase the optional cord for your remote - $6.00 and then if you have any kind of helicopter they don't include in the purchase price any normal heli in the sim. You have to pay $30. extra for it. So $199 + $6.00 + $30. Again that might be a Cheat planes issue but I feel cheated that in order to model my Raptor with my Airtronics controller I had to pay that much for it. I hope it'll be worth it. Russ www.professorwiz.com

You do get helis with RealFlight though maybe not the exact ones you want. With RealFlight if you want extra aircraft you have to buy add-on disks. If you recall, for Reflex I did state one advantage was that you got free downloads and upgrades.
There may be one issue though. The first issues of G3 were rushed out as Fixed Wing only. Later releases were rectified and there is a free upgrade (see http://www.realflight.com/helis.html ) that will get you the helis.
That will give you 13 helis in all, although as you correctly state, not the Raptor. For that you need Add-Ons Volume 3.
I personally have Reflex because in the UK it was about 60% of the price of G3. In the US the price difference isn't so great, and in one of your posts it sounded like you were going to get a good deal on G3.
I too, think the RealFlight Add-Ons are a rip-off especially if you are interested in Helis. $30 dollars for two extra helis is a bit steep and in the UK we have to pay the equivalent of $55 for the same thing.
G3 does have other advantages though
(i) You get a controller (ii) Easier to set up and tailor (iii) Way better fixed wing (iv) Online multiplayer (v) More scenaries and they are more fun
Reflex is better in other ways. As I said there is not much between them.
Cheers,
Nigel