twin speed400 with twin battery packs ?

I have 8cell packs of 1050mAh - type KAN NiMH and would like to use them in a twin speed400 model - a foam Horten VII flying wing

One single 1050mAh pack will not be enough for both motors. Is it possible to use 2 packs and motors in a serial circuit ?

How do you power and connect twin speed400 models ?

best regards,

Kristof

Reply to
Kristof

[...]

Yes, but sometimes not too advisable. In series that is. You CAN get to a situation where - if the motors are not precisely matched - one revs like crazy and the other idles away. NOT what you want on a twin...

For series, you need to just connect motors in series, then connect packs in series, and use a single speed controller rated at the normal current, but TWICE THE VOLTAGE,. These are hard tio get and expensive, and ofrten you will find you alos need a separate reciever battery, as teh BEC voltage is now exceeeded.

Its actually better to connect everything in parallel, and double up teh current capacity of teh ESC only. You can safely connect two packs in parallel, but don';t charge them like that.

However, the 'normal' think to do for twin 400's is to use 1700CP's or

2400 sized cells.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher