Twist 40

Has anyone flown this model? I am thinking of buying it and was wondering what everybody's experience with it has been.

Reply to
lenard forder

I'm building one now. Will have it done by weeks end but might not be able to fly it for a few weeks. Check out these posts on rcuniverse.

all the way through if you have the time. The initial reviews start to show some flaws but later posts make it sound great for the price.

Reply to
nate

I've been flying this plane now since July. It's a great 2nd - 3rd low wing. If you don't like the 3-D aspect of this plane I suggest putting a little extra nose weight. The plane handles well, but with the suggested throws it will react VERY quickly. I resorted to drilling extra holes closer to the center of the servo arm. I have managed to tame it a little, but it still can perform just about any maneuver you can throw at it.

It's a great buy for your money. Get it...you'll like it. It is as the box says "an unintimidating" plane to fly.

Have fun with it.

Reply to
Darren Earle

Lenard,

Rock solid & steady!

I put a Saito 82 in mine, and it has unlimited vertical! Very stable, with great low speed handling. I'm using a Futaba 9C with triple rates. Still on the low rates for a while......till I get my nerve up to try the higher rates.

If you get one, check the hardware (servo rods) to be certain it has the proper length rods. Seem there's a bunch of H9-Twist's that has wrong length rods (short). --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 5.1, & WinXP Pro w/SP2

Reply to
Jim Lilly

Thanks for your input guys. I think I'll get it.

Len

Reply to
lenard forder