Where does the Buck stop?

Interesting thread on another forum. Seems there are some questions regarding timing between AMA dues increases and the acquisition of various high priced items. It almost suggests something nefarious is going on in Muncie. Maybe a special audit is in order. One that doesn't look to see if the books balance but rather, one that looks to see if the money went to/from the correct places! Might be something a new President would want to do. Just to cover his own don't you know! Before the IRS caught wind of it anyway.

Chuck

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Hi,

I'm curious, what "high priced items" has the AMA purchased recently? I know they built the "palace" (AMA headquarters) a few years ago, but what are the new big ticket items?

BTW, like any elected officials, once they're in long enough, they get so disconnected from reality that spending other peoples money becomes too easy. A local politician recently gushed at our town meeting that the proposed improvements to the police and fire station were "only" 25 million! Good god! That's why it's our job to "retire" these entrenched officials periodically before that happens!

Thanks,

John

C.O.J> Interesting thread on another forum. Seems there are some questions

Reply to
John Morley

Why the hell would you care? You have no use for the AMA and don't pay dues.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

John,

There was that show out in California and now there's rumors (once again) about a local airport.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

It's a radical plot designed just to irritate you Paul!

Why shouldn't I care? If the AMA is doing something improper which might attract the wrong government attention! The fall out could certainly affect me along with every other modeler in the US. So to my way of thinking, it has the potential of affecting me far more than it does you. So why the hell would you care?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

you know, this newsgroup over the last few years has really went to pot with all the bickering and fighting that goes on. I really do not understand it.

Reply to
tailfeathers

It's the nature of unmoderated newsgroups. If you were to remove all the useless banter, fights, and political foolishness that the average joe doesn't give a fig about, you'd be left with 10 posts.

Reply to
Frank Costa

If it's such a problem for you, pony up the bucks, join the AMA, and make a difference. Otherwise, you're just pissing into the wind, huh? No membership, no vote. Don't care enough to join... shut your pie hole.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Goff

And it is exactly responses and attitudes like yours that has convinced me not to join! Want more members and support for the AMA? ACT LIKE IT!

In the meantime Jack, whether you like it or not the AMA is the so called national organization. A major legal screw up on their (your) part could have an impact on everyone's modeling experiences. So like it or not, you guys have a responsibility to the rest of the community. Maybe if you accepted that and acted accordingly, you might see the ranks of the AMA double or more! But then, maybe that's just the kind of threat to your realm that you don't want?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

BS. Come down to our field, act like a thoughtful, responsible adult, and you'll get treated very nicely.

Hang out on this NG bitching and moaning about the AMA, while not caring enough to have an effect the only way you can (by joining), and you'll get more of the same.

We all make our choices. You've decided not to participate, but rather to yell asinine remarks from the sidelines. To each his own.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Goff

But Jack! It's guys like you who keep bringing the AMA up in this PUBLIC forum! So the implication is you DO want feedback from everyone! Or are you guys just trying to make the rest of us see how good we have it? Yeah! That must be it!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

You started this thread

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

Gee Don! You caught me! I started this one out of how many?

Can't wait for the next installment of, "As the AMA Turns!"

Reply to
C.O.Jones

can you say BLOCK SENDER

Reply to