Uh - Ohhhh...

I once said that I would start flying electric when the day came that they would do true 3D flying. Well, it appears that day has come.

Check out:

Neat!

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

If you were in doubt about electrics - just visit any one of the growing number of electric fly-ins. If you could leave the recent SEFF meet and not get turned on about electric then you are undoubtedly an incurable alcohol/castorhoic. :-)

Reply to
Red Scholefield

if i had made the upfront investments in electric i think i would be very happy being there, but i made those investments in glo ... besides electrics will never give you the added pleasure of post flight slime wipe ch

Reply to
Charlie

Playing cards, clothespins, and bicycle spokes didn't make the noise that took away half my hearing.

Loud engines did that; propulsion and generator diesel engines, that is.

I dunno 'bout you, but I can't find mufflers for my models effective enough for me. The small two strokes are the worst due to the high frequencies.

Wouldn't mind seeing effective mufflers mandated, personally.

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Try this one on for size

Neal Hayes

Try 'what' on for size? Did I miss something?

-- KayCee Foamie Kit Basher (Experimenter)

*remove REMOVE to reply*

Reply to
KayCee

The two-foot chrome pipe I bolted to the B&S engine on my homemade go-kart, in place of the muffler, sounded awesome. Mom still had one section of pipe to use on her Eletrolux ~ I never did figure out why she was so P.O'ed..... DC3

Reply to
DC3Gooney

There are some good ones here too.

Wiz

Reply to
Mike Wiz

no, maybe, who cares, and no friggin way

the fact is that noise is our enemy, gentlemen. It is the single leading cause of "Lost Flying Field". In IMAC we are trying our very best to get these things as quiet as possible to be better neighbors and to keep the hobby available to everyone. Wanting your plane to be loud is just stupid if you want to continue to fly model airplanes.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Lorance

Uh, I think he was kidding, Brad.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Several years ago someone here accused me of not having a sense of humor. Before I shot him I asked why he said that. I am glad to see that I am not always the only one on this forum to miss the humor.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Ed,

I don't know if you're aware of the micro-storm in the NSRCA pattern list.

Seems that Jason Shulman has taken an electric pattern plane with him to the FAI world tournament. It's got three lithium packs in parallel, running at 42 volts, and can fly for 20 minutes.

You're not alone.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

That should really be interesting, Marty. I hope there is plenty of hobby media coverage of the outcome.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger