ultracote plus...opinions??

Just attempted to cover a wing with some ulracote plus that i purchase

a while back. This is the type of ultracote that is tacky on th adhesive side to help in positioning and then ironed down. I've bee monokoting and ultracoting for quite awhile now and I have neve encountered what I did today.

Followed instructions to position and then attempted to iron down. Looked good until you let go of the covering with the iron. Once th iron is removed it peels off like it was never heated. Tried lo medium and high heat levels...nothing would keep it adhered to th framework.

Others with similar experiences?? Any advice? Am I missing somethin or do I now have 15 rolls of useless covering?

Thanks

Jon P

snipped-for-privacy@aol.co

- jspo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums Visit us at

jspoz

I didnt think you were supposed to iron that stuff. I have only bought the stuff in those "hanging from the rack" strips for trim purposes. Never bought it by the roll.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

This may sound silly, but did you remove the backing?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I don't want to sound like a smart ass, but did you take the plastic cover off the back? Just don't ask me why I know this...

w4jle

Mike Gordon

I've used the Plus directly over balsa many times without problem. Biggest trouble with the stuff is sticking it to itself when you are getting it set up to iron down.

His problem sure sounds to me like the backing never got removed.

Tom Minger

I tried it about ten years ago and it is still holding up well on the plane. There was some minor lifting at the edges over time where fuel/oil accumulated. You can see the plane on the page below. It's the Turbo Beaver down on the left side. The covering stood up well, all in all.

John Hawkins - From Canada's Atlantic Coast

John Hawkins

scooter