ummmmmm little help?

I tried posting earlier but apparently it didn't work... well i guess i will try this again...

I am a newbie looking to buy my first plane... i wanna go with a Park Flyer i guess thats what it is?? Something like the Parkzone J-3 Cub... thats what i saw at the hobbie shop because it acually looking like a plane and then there was this other one... Called the Super Aviator... which looked good too.. I am looking for something that will take off from the ground and has 3 channel radio and basically has a good rep for flying well for beginners... ummmm so if you guys think these are good choices or have any better ones that you would like to suggest that would be greatly appriciated... and also any other advice.

Reply to
XFiend

I would not go for a Cub as a first plane. A cub is not a beginner plane. I would look at something like the Aerobird or Firebird or similar. Search around the net for those. A good source might be found here:

had a guy show up at the field with one of these so I got a chance to fly it for him to check it out. It looks to be a good beginner plane in my opinion. All the parts are replaceable and can be purchased. I would wait on the cub!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I disagree the cup is a good starterplane . with a high wing in v shape.

A friend of mine just started with a robbe cardinal. Its basicly the same just bigger.

TM

Reply to
dingo

I have never flown a cub but all the experts (experienced flyers) seem to agree that it is very easy to tip stall and is not for beginners. High wing with dihedral doesnt neccesarilly (yeah, I cant spell...) make a trainer. My $.02 of course.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Couldn't agree more! Other than the little foamy electric cubs, they are NOT a beginner airplane. I consider them one of the more difficult planes to fly. I have been flying R/C for 40 years and have flown everything there is I think. The Cub is my LEAST favorite airplane.

Reply to
jeboba

Other than the foamie park flyers, a Cub is definately not a beginners plane. It will tip stall in a heartbeat, and a good no-bounce landing with a Cub is a very difficult thing to do. Just my opinion of course.

David

Reply to
David Morris