Vacuum bagging

Hi All

I have a old 1700 vacuum motor can I use it for vacuum bagging or wont it man enough to do the job

TIA

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris Coombs
1700? I didn't think the vacuum was invented until 1901 :)

J.K. Most DIY bagging vaccum pumps I've heard of involve a refridgerant compressor (out of a fridge, car, window AC, dehumidifier, etc). The household vacuum probably wont give good results, it moves a lot of air but doesn't create the low pressure that you need to really squeeze everything together in the bag.

Reply to
Steve Banks

Reply to
Roger G

We used vacuum cleaners for vac forming in school workshops. As long as you kept switching on and off they worked OK for the short time we needed to maintain the suction. Some vacuum cleaners have provision for an airbleed to prevent "cooking" the motor. I don't know if that would work for wing skinning though.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher