War Bird ARF's

Last fall I went on a trip and wound up helping a modeler generate some cash. I purchased 2 or 3 not completed models in various conditions. The prices were good and the models will be good fits to my collection.

There seems to be 2 problems. One of the birds appears to be a 60 sized Extra 300 AWARTC and of course I have no paperwork. All guess work but that just makes it more fun. Anyone have a 60 sized Extra 300? If so, where is the CG and what are the control throws?

The second problem is a little more interesting. It is an ARF of an Italian Machi (?). I have no idea who's or anything else about it. 62 inch wing and mottled covering (yellow and brown). Looking inside the fuselage I see structure that reminds me of the World Models .40 sized P-51 of a decade or so ago. Any ideas where I might be able to get data or instructions for this would be appreciated. I would rather do it right than TLAR which I save for 'special' things I do to confound folks.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

From the Hobbico web site:

Hobbico's Extra 300S plus

The balance point

is located 2-1/8" from the front of the wing fairing to the

back. This is the balance point at which your model

should balance for your first flights. Later, you may wish

to experiment by shifting the balance up to 3/8" forward

or back to change the flying characteristics.

ELEVATOR: (High Rate) (Low Rate)

5/16" (8mm) up 1/4" (6mm) up

and down and down

RUDDER: right as much left as much

as possible as possible

AILERONS: (High Rate) (Low Rate)

7/16" (11mm) up 5/16" (8mm) up

and down and down

"Six_O'Clock_High" inch wing and mottled covering (yellow and brown). Looking inside the

Reply to
MJKolodziej

The only Macchi ARF that I know of is by VQ Models. Here is the webpage.

this helps. FDW

"Six_O'Clock_High" inch wing and mottled covering (yellow and brown). Looking inside the

Reply to
Frederick Witt

That's it! Thanks Fredrick!

Now to get some retracts and oleo's that are missing....

I think this one will fly before the Extra, since some overly smart guy made some serious modifications to the engine bearer system that need correcting before I hang a 91 Saito on them. He tried to flush mount a ST2300. While that is not what I have, the link is useful and the numbers will work. Thanks MJ

Jim

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High