Westland Lysander

Ed, do you think it might be a good plane for that Fox 36rx rc of mine. I'm thinking that heavy motor would do well in a radial style airframe and I like that one better than the Lockheed Vega.

-- Keith

Reply to
Schiffner

------------

It should work just fine. Don't forget about biplanes. They often need nose weight.

I have a Global Ultimate Biplane ARF that I bought five or so years ago. It is advertised as being a .40 size model, but the instructions recommend using a Magnum .91 four-stroke. They say that it balances perfectly with that engine. Can you imagine how much lead you would have to put in the nose to get it to balance with a .40 two-stroke?

My Balsa USA Phaeton (original version) was powered by an ST .40K and needed a 5 ounce bar of lead screwed to the firewall in order to balance. Shoulda gone with a .60.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I did, something about it just seems to want a monoplane.

I can and why I'd want that much extra weight doing nothing is beyond me.

A piped Rossi perchance? ;^)

This has been the only time I've had a motor that I didn't know what I wanted it in.

-- Keith

Reply to
Schiffner

I did, something about it just seems to want a monoplane.

I can and why I'd want that much extra weight doing nothing is beyond me.

A piped Rossi perchance? ;^)

This has been the only time I've had a motor that I didn't know what I wanted it in.

-- Keith

--------------

Believe it or not, even with the anemic Super Tigre .40 S (correction), at WOT, the Phaeton used to hunt and seek a bit. I checked everything to make sure that the wings and surfaces were not flexing and nothing was amiss. Looking back on it, I wish I had tried an 11x5 prop. I don't remember seeing any of those in 1982. It would certainly have gotten off the ground a bit quicker, not that the takeoff roll was excessive with a 10x6. If I backed off the throttle just one or two clicks, the model would settle down and groove. The 11x5 might have slowed it down enough not to do its dance. It was controllable and you really had to look for the little jig that it was doing, but it was there.

If you get to where you absolutely can't decide what to do with that engine and you want to get rid of it, keep me in mind.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

On Dec 23, 1:17=A0pm, "Ed Cregger" wrote: SNIP

Nice try. I have some sort of sick addiction to this oddball (for Fox). It's the one that sliced my hand length wise from between the ring finger and teh fourth almost the FULL length of my palm and down to the tendons. Grrr...it's going earn that blood, even if it kills me.

-- Keith

Reply to
Schiffner