Where to buy foam?

Where can I buy foam that is good for building wings for an electric plane?

Thanks, Ken

Reply to
Ken Byerly

If you are in the US, look for an insulation supply house. Make sure to ask for virgin foam. The other kind has whats called regrind and is hard spots in the foam. If you can't find it locally, start here:

Paul McIntosh

Thanks for the info - also thanks to Ray A. Gareau, who emailed me.

Happy Holidays!

Ken

Reply to
Ken Byerly

Reply to
scooter

You have to be careful with DIY foam. Much of it is full of regrind. Quick way to tell is run your hand over the surface. If you feel hard, sharp spots, don't use it. The regrind is pieces of recycled foam that is mixed in as filler. It is harder than the rest of the foam and will cause your wire to drag or go around it. It will also be nearly impossible to sand to a smooth finish.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh