Which Radio

I want to buy a 6/7 channel radio for my hot air balloon im building i only need a transmitter and a reciver. Anyone help??

Reply to
Model Balloon Dude

Ebay for cheapness.

Futaba is a widely traded, reliable brand.

Most model shops will sell you wahetver you want if you don't want servos.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On 1/2/2004 3:56 AM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

Some additional information would help - Computer or non computer radio, how much do you want to spend, do you need any "mixing" functions (requires computer radio) ? Just curious, what do you need 6 or 7 channels for on a hot air balloon ?

There are many excellent brands of radios out there (Futaba, Airtronics, JR, Tracker II, etc.). As another reply said, go to EBay for cheapness of price, PROVIDED YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT. A LHS (Local Hobby Shop) can also provide what you need. There are also "online" stores such as Tower Hobbies.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Best value for a 6-7ch, IMHO, is the Hitec Eclipse. TX and RX should be readily available as separate items from your LHS. I have a widely read spreadsheet which compares all the features of the "Eclipse 7 vs FF6 vs 9CAP vs RD600 vs JR652 vs JR3810 (8103)" To date, no one has found any errors. Email direct for a copy if interested. refer also to

as all systems are listed under "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" regards Alan T.

Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Links

A.T.

Reply to
strathboy