Who all is going to Perry?

I'll have two tables there. Just wonderin who else is going?

Reply to
Jim Slaughter

I'm going...have two tables A14 and 15, I think...plus a number of fellows from the Nashville TN area are going as well...I have some planes and other items to move...(so I can buiy somethng else) This is my fifth year, I think...really enjoy it and look forward to it from year to year. Usually go to Toledo every year..but having some second thoughts about it. Frank Schwartz In Hendersonville (Nashville area) TN

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

I'll be there, no table this year - only cash to spend. I'll probably work a shift at the AMA table if I don't see you elsewhere.

Main mission this year to see if I can find out what the 20C Continuous LiPo discharge capability really means. :-) Or if any of the vendors of such really have a clue.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I live in the Atlanta area and have never attended. I see no reason to go and buy used stuff when I can mail order new stuff, or E-bay. Why go and spend a few bucks just for the privilige of buying something? Last time I did that at a Computer show I wasted $5.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Lots of new stuff there also from hobby vendors - Hodges Hobbies, Radical R/C, R/C South, are some of my favorites.

However its pretty crowded so your not being there will help a little. :-)

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Yeah, don't want to go where it is crowded for sure. Hate to shop, even for fun stuff.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Red..and others..my table is A14 and A15, just inside the door...I have a few things to move....stop by and say hello....and for the gentlemen who wants to buy mail order...fine...but think of this..there are about 800 tables..surely terer is something there you really will want...plus a whole host of like minded fellows who all love this hobby... Frank Schwartz

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

The 2 most important things to me about shows like these are:

1) I get to see, touch, and smell first hand the types of products I'm interested in. I find a lot of stuff that falls under the category "It looked better in the ads", which saves me more than the door price on things I don't waste my money on in the future. 2) It lets me put a face on the company. A handshake and some conversation will make you want to deal with some companies, and might bump a few off your list.
Reply to
John Alt

I would either buy more than I should, or leave empty handed spending gas and entrance for nothing. Mail order is best.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Never really had that problem. There is the issue of finding out that my servos did not have the recommended torque, and other issues that were mostly my fault. I would say the hobby industry is far more honest than most others.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Not to mention seeing all your old friends again, along with old and new internet contacts as well as making some new friends.

See you at the AMA table or I 4&5. Or wandering around searching for the truth about 20C continious discharge LiPos.

Reply to
Red Scholefield